Thursday, November 22, 2012

Giving Thanks

I have so many things to be thankful for this year. I am thankful for my huge family that provided me an incredible support system. I am thankful for my friends who let me vent, cry and helped me laugh when I needed it most. I am thankful for my wonderful husband who put up with my 3000 mood swings when I was completely stressed out (and still does.) I am thankful for my Jack. He is an incredible big brother and so supportive of his sister. I am thankful Ava is healing and she had two successful surgeries.

It is hard to believe it has been 5 1/2 months since Ava's first surgery and she has been cast free for 10 weeks. The day this whole process began I couldn't even imagine how we were going to get through it. But here we are! My baby is on the mend and every day she is getting stronger. We recently had a well visit at the doctor and I am thrilled to say she grew 3 inches!! For the first time since she was 1, Ava is on the charts. My heart exploded when I heard the news! I am so happy to see her moving in the right direction. We also had a follow up with Dr. A. Ava had a stand up x-ray to see how things look now that she is moving. The x-ray looked great and Ava's hips are looking good. She is continuing physical therapy and hopefully she will be walking normal again soon. Dr. A said she is healed now and gave us the go ahead to start getting Ava back into her normal routines. Yeah!! She's going back to school! We have a follow up visit in 3 months and we will then schedule the last of her surgeries to remove the plates and pins in her femur bones. I am not looking forward to another surgery but compared to the other two it should be a piece of cake.


I look forward to the next few months as Ava learns to move better and we can say she is 100% healed. I am in awe of her strength and watching her start to dance again makes me so incredibly happy. As a family we had a challenging few months but we made it through it together. I am so blessed to be a Mom of two awesome little people and so proud of both. Happy Thanksgiving and thank you for all the support! XOXOX


No comments:

Post a Comment