Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Kindergarten!


I'm happy to say Ava had an awesome first day of Kindergarten! She was up bright and early, couldn't wait to put on her new dress and asked every 5 minutes "Can we go out to the bus yet?" After the required first day of school pictures we headed to the bus stop. When the bus arrived she had a moment of panic, "Where do I sit?" she asked. Luckily Jack was there to help her out. The look on her face as she entered the bus made me nervous and as the bus pulled away I cried as expected (but not as hard as I thought I would.) After coming inside I realized Ava's name tag was still sitting on the counter, I felt horrible! How could I forget?!

I had to go to Ava's school today to make copies and as I entered the first thing I saw was Ava's class coming down the hall on their way to Music. She was the line leader and had a huge smile on her face. Relief! Then in the office I ran into the gym teacher and it turns out that she was helping at the bus arrivals this morning. All my guilt of forgetting her name tag was now gone, thanks to Jack Mrs. hart knows Ava and she greeted her by name. David and I anxiously waited for the bus this afternoon. We could not wait to hear how both Jack and Ava's day was. As Ava was getting out of her seat her back pack got stuck. Big Brother Jack to the rescue! He carried it off for her. He's the best!! Turns out both kids had a great day. Our little butterfly did great on her own. I am so proud of Ava and I look forward to watching her grow in the year ahead!


No comments:

Post a Comment