Monday, May 14, 2012

Prep for surgery

On Friday we received a letter in the mail for Ava's blood test results from the week before...Ava's hormone level went up! Yeah!! It went from 52 to 65 in 3 months. That's only 10 points below normal levels. We are really looking forward to meeting with the Endocrinologist next week to find out what this means. I am so happy to have something move in the right direction. Now hopefully they can figure out what is making the levels low, then we can fix it and concentrate on the hips. Every time we get back a test result something else is crossed off the list. We're getting closer to an answer and I can not wait for that day to come. On to the next round ...

Today was Ava's pre-op tests for her surgery on June 12. It was a crazy morning trying to find our way around the hospital and figuring out where we need to be. After filling out lots of paperwork and many signatures later we were giving instructions and lots of lab paperwork and sent on what felt like a treasure hunt. First there was a urine and a blood test...augh, another one! Needless to say Ava was not happy about this. After convincing her to gulp a cup of water I was able to get her to pee in a cup. Then it was time to draw blood. It took both David and I to help keep her calm and still. Surprisingly she did great. When we initially sat down she was very reluctant to give up her arm but we were able to convince her pretty quickly. If she cooperated she would get ponies later. Okay. I had tears in my eyes the whole time, I feel for my little girl. Today she did not scream or cry but whimpered the whole time. This crushes me, blood work is becoming normal to her. Six vials later, we were done and on our way to the last test, x ray of her chest.Ava looked so sad as we waited to be called for her x ray. She was tired and hungry. The x ray went smoothly. Ava sat like a pro with her blankey over her head and 123, it was done. While we were waiting David ran to the car for a snack and drink. He surprised her with fruit snacks which perked her right up. We were off to our last stop, to meet with the anesthesiologist. This was quick and easy. We answered a few questions and he explained what his part was in the surgery. We were good to go, now the waiting begins.


Waiting for xrays...


All finished!
More Ponies!
 Ava was a trooper today, even with going from one end of the hospital to the other and back again. She takes each step of this journey in stride. She absolutely amazes me. She earned each an everyone of her My Little Ponies today and so worth seeing the smile on her face. Ava is a smart little girl, she understands what is going on and constantly asks us questions along the way. I pray Ava keeps her wonderful attitude and strength over the next couple of months. My Princess P has taught me how to be strong and brave, I hope I can be as strong as her when I need it most.ooper today, even with going from one end of the hospital to the other and back again. She takes each step of this journey in stride. She absolutely amazes me. She earned each an everyone of her My Little Ponies today and so worth seeing the smile on her face. Ava is a smart little girl, she understands what is going on and constantly asks us questions along the way. I pray Ava keeps her wonderful attitude and strength over the next couple of months. My Princess P has taught me how to be strong and brave, I hope I can be as strong as her when I need it most.

No comments:

Post a Comment