Monday, May 7, 2012

Something Positive

It's been 10 long days since Ava's Endoscopy. This morning Dr. T called with great news, all the tests are negative. Yeah!!! I was elated to here this news, there is nothing going on in her digestive tract. Every time something gets crossed off the list we are a step closer to finding out why our sweet girl is not growing properly. We are going to continue with Ava's appetite stimulant and have one more follow up visit before the first hip surgery, then I think that will be our last visit with Dr. T. I am so thankful she was able to rule out so many things in the short 3 months we've known her and has taken such great care of Ava.

On Monday we took Ava for more blood work to recheck her hormone levels. She was a trooper, she cried while the blood was taken but immediately stopped after the needle was removed. The highlight of this visit was after the tech asked if she would like a princess sticker, Ava responded in disgust " I don't want your stickers!" and marched out the door. Normally I would not laugh at or allow such rudeness but the way she said it and the attitude she held was hysterical. It was as if she was saying " Really? You think stickers are going to make this better?" No one can take the sass out of my girl, she amazes me with her bravery. In 2 weeks we go back to Dr. B (Endocrinologist) for the follow up, hopefully he will have good news and tell us her levels are up. I am not convinced yet that the growth problem is not connected to the hip dislocation, maybe it slowed down her growth plates. I look forward to the next visit to Dr. B, maybe he will be able to answer all our questions.

We've had several weeks now to digest that Ava will undergo 2 hip surgeries. I still have moments when tears come to my eyes when I talk or think about it. My heart breaks for her but I also know my daughter is a fighter and will come out on top. Monday we will take her to Robert Wood Johnson for pre-op testing. I think that will be the day it will all become real. We have been preparing her (as well as ourselves and Jack) for what is ahead of us in the next few months. So many people have been so supportive and kind to us and the support system we have is amazing. Right now I feel like it's a waiting game, not that I'm looking forward to the surgery but I am looking forward to being on the other side of it. Ava seems to be dealing with everything very well right now, hopefully her positive attitude will continue. Thank you to everyone for the continued prayers! XOXOXO







No comments:

Post a Comment