Monday, September 10, 2012

Pilates anyone??

I can not believe in 4 days Ava will have her final cast removed. It has been quite a ride and I get emotional just thinking about it. Ava has coped so well through out this whole journey, she has amazing strength. I think back to the day of her first surgery and remember how scared I was when I saw her Spica cast for the first time. But we did it! We took it one day at a time although it was not always easy. I can not thank our support system enough. Without our family and friends we would have never made it. I love you all!! You helped my girl do amazing things and helped me get through days when all I wanted to do is crawl in a hole. When Ava had her cast change four weeks ago I could not even imagine the end. Ava was in so much pain it broke my heart into a thousand pieces. Believe it or not it was almost worse then either surgery, we had a full week of feeling helpless. It's amazing how resilient children are and the change in just four weeks!! Ava is ready! She is like a little acrobat swinging her legs around and trying to stand on her own. She looks like she's doing Pilate's the way she moves and right now seems to be pain free. There is no stopping her! Ava's nervous for the cast removal and is scared of the unknown. I'm sure there will be some pain but her legs will be free!!Yeah!!!! I can not wait to see my girls legs! I look forward to Friday and I pray the rest of Ava's recovery goes as well as the recovery in her casts. Look for pictures of my Princess P cast free!!! We're there... I see the finish line!!









No comments:

Post a Comment