Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Next Day

Last night was pretty uneventful. Ava rested peacefully for the most part except when her vitals were checked, then she would cry for me. She is doing her best to be brave. She is definitely in more pain this time around. Every time a nurse asks if she's in pain or wants pain medication she says "no." By the look on her face you know that she is totally lying. She's very whiny and is really having a hard time getting comfortable. She's four! Pain meds are not her choice, they're mine. I think at this point it's better she takes the morphine and sleeps it off. Dr. A came to check in this morning. Things look good from the x ray taken right after casting. Ava will only be in her purple cast for 4 weeks! Yeah!! But once it is taken off it will be replaced with a Petrie Cast. What?!? Both legs will be casted straight with a  bar holding her legs in the proper position and chest waist and hips will be free. (Google a picture of it, should be interesting.) This will allow Ava to move a little more and be able to sit and even stand. This will remain on for 3-4 weeks. Oohhh! So really we have about 8 weeks in a cast to go...not what I wanted to hear! Ava is slowly coming around. She still has a low grade fever and a rapid heart beat.Her blood pressure has been fluctuating to the low side and she will have her Catheter in until tomorrow. Her Hemoglobin number is still on the low side and they are keeping a close watch, a blood transfusion is still a possibility. I'm slowly getting her to eat but after a few bites of anything she tells me her belly hurts. It's been a quiet day for us and she has been napping a lot which is great, she needs her rest. All we can do is wait now and see how the day goes.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tree. I'm just reading your blog for the first time. I'm sorry to hear about the additional weeks in another cast and about her Hemoglobin. I will continue to keep you in my prayers. Please let me know if I can help with anything. Thinking of you all! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete