Saturday, August 25, 2012

Happy Tears

I don't usually blog twice in one day but I had to share my girls accomplishment. Our day started out rough and then it got rougher... Ava wanted to attend her baby cousin's first birthday party. It was taking place in PA, an hour drive away. I was skeptical about going but Ava was crying how she missed Mason, Jayke and Brice and had to go. After asking and asking over and over I gave in against my better judgement. Our last car experience was horrible but Ava said she was ready. I got Ava settled in her car seat and the first part of the drive was going well. Then about 25 minutes into it Ava lost it. She was hysterically crying and screaming that it hurt. I immediately stopped the car to see if I could adjust her at all to make it better, she insisted we keep going even though she was still crying. Five minutes later she was screaming again "It hurts so much, make it stop! I miss my home!" I turned around to head home but now we had to drive 30 minutes back. It was horrible! Ava screamed and cried the whole way. The worst was her saying "Mama help me!!" By the time we got home we both were crying hysterically, I was never so happy to see my house before. I finally got Ava in the house and settled, and finally after an hour we both were much calmer and Ava was happy again.

By the time David got home I was exhausted and drained! It had been a long afternoon, we were both happy to see him! As we settled into our night, David did Ava's leg exercises with her. After she was done she scooted herself to the end of her crib mattress and rested her feet on the ground, she told us she wanted to try and stand. With my help, Ava stood for the first time in 11 1/2 weeks!! Yeah Ava!! I am so proud of my brave girl!! This time I had happy tears for my girl. After Jack got home from the party Ava could not wait to show him her newest accomplishment. Jack cheered her on like he always does,such a great big brother. Today started out crappy but ended with hope. Ava proved she is healing and before we know it she will be standing on her own! I look forward to many more happy tears!!

Here we go.....

I am so proud!
You can do it Ava!
That's my girl!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment