Saturday, August 25, 2012

Rough Mornings

Slowly but surely Ava is getting use to her cast, as are we. This thing is awkward and lifting it is hard. I know this will never get easier but over time Ava will have less pain and not cry or scream when we move her. When Ava is sitting still and playing she is extremely happy but try to move her watch out. She's still scared and any sudden movement seems to hurt. Oh my poor baby! But I have to stay by far, mornings are the worst. She has been sleeping well overall but when she wakes her muscles are stiff and moving hurts. She's a mess! She cries and says "Don't move me!" It is so hard seeing her like this and not being able to help her. We give her Advil to help but it's not instant relief. I'm her Mom, I should be able to make her feel better. I feel so helpless.

This morning was particularly bad. Ava woke around 6am and wanted to come in bed with us. She cried a little when I moved her but after massaging her feet (a trick that always works) she fell back to sleep. She woke again around 8am yelling "My leg hurts!!" Ava complains often of her right leg being in pain, this is the side of the second surgery and hasn't had as much healing time. She was crying and talking in the saddest voice, it just broke my heart... "It hurts so bad!" "I just want it to stop! Make it go away!" "When is this going to be over? I want this to be done!" "I miss running, jumping and playing Mommy!!!" "Mommy I just want to play!!" "Mommy don't move me, it's going to hurt!" Oh Ava!! I wish I could change it all for you. Watching your child in so much pain is almost unbearable. I am so sad for her and would do anything to make it better.

I'm glad I can say after moving her through screams she did calm down. Her Advil kicked in and once she started to move around the stiff muscles loosened up, (then Ava's day always gets better.)  Once Jack woke up and came down to play with her, life was suddenly better. I am so proud of Jack and how patient he has been with Ava. He plays with her for hours on end (even when he's getting as frustrated as we are) and helps in any way he can. Jack can always bring a smile to her face and make her laugh hysterically. Jack is an amazing little person who has the kindest heart. He has a constant worry and concern for his little sister. It makes me so sad that at
My loves!
7 years old he worries so much.  I could not be prouder of my two kids. They have endured so much this summer and I am looking forward to our lives getting back into our normal routines. I pray both my babies have all the strength they need to get through the last few weeks of this. The end of September can't come fast enough!!

No comments:

Post a Comment