Friday, August 17, 2012

In the mean time...

It has been two weeks since I last blogged. Quite frankly it's because nothing all that exciting has happened. Ava is in her tenth week of her Spica cast. I know! I know! For everyone around us the time has flown by and it's hard to believe we are nearing the end of summer. For me and my family it has been an extremely long ten weeks!! On Tuesday, August 21st Ava goes for her cast change from the Spica to the Petrie cast. I am so happy the day is almost here but also my nerves are a wreck. Dr. A will move her hips and then take an x ray to see if the ball stays in the socket. As long as it stays put she will move on to the Petrie cast or as Ava says "My green frog legs." (Yep, the next color on board is green.) Thankfully this cast will allow more movement for Ava but I'm a little worried about her legs being casted straight. I'm sure once again there will be a learning curve just like with the last two. The cast change will be nothing compared to her two hip surgery but it doesn't make it easier to watch your child be put under anesthesia. This will be the fifth time in the last 2 1/2 years! Yikes! I wish it wash the last, unfortunately those plates ans pins need to come out a few months from now.

70 piece puzzle..Taadaah!!
I can't say it enough, I am so proud of my little fighter! Ava has handled herself amazingly well over the last ten weeks. Can you imagine being four years old and not being able to move?? All the independence instilled in you is all taken away in an instant! Don't get me wrong, she has some miserable days (and so has Mommy.) She can be moody, cranky, demanding and frustrating (so can Mommy.) She also laughs and smiles a lot. Ava loves being tickled and loves when I massage her feet. She can now color in the lines, cut well with scissors, paint rainbows and do 70 piece puzzles on her own. She also says she's never going back to school, she has become very attached to Mommy and Daddy. (Guess what Ava, once you get the go ahead, your going!) That will be the best day ever,it will mean she has healthy hips. We're almost there!! After the Petrie cast is on, only 3-4 more weeks. Yeah!! I can not wait until my Princess P is walking, running and dancing again! That will be the best day ever! I get tears in my eyes just thinking about it! I will never take the simple things for granted again. My heart goes out to every child who has to endure this process. We are so lucky to have such a great support system, it has made a difficult road so much easier.


Please keep Ava in your thoughts and prayers Tuesday when she returns to the hospital. We need those hips to stay in place! Thank you to everyone who has been a part of Ava's journey. We are so thankful and so blessed! We're almost there!! My Ava will be up and dancing in no time! xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment