Friday, August 3, 2012

Post Op X Ray #2

It has been 2 1/2 weeks since Ava's right hip surgery and today was her post op x ray. This day could not come fast enough if you ask me . . . it was the moment of truth. Is her hip still in place? Is it healing properly?  After arriving at Dr. A's office Ava had her x ray and we patiently waited for Dr. A to come in and tell us how things looked. He brought the x ray up on the computer screen and I saw the most beautiful x ray I've ever seen. . . Ava's two perfect hips!! It took all I had to hold back my tears of joy.  Right there on the screen was proof Ava was going to be okay and yes there is a light at the end of the tunnel. She made it over one more hurdle but we're not out of the woods yet. She has 2 1/2 more weeks in her purple Spica cast and on August 21 she will have a cast change to the Petrie cast. We will once again return to the hospital so Ava can be put under anesthesia. Her purple cast will be removed and an exam will be giving to make sure when the ball rotates in the socket properly, after an x ray will be taken. If the hip is still in the proper place they will put the Petrie cast on, if not the hip will be manipulated back into place and another Spica cast will be needed. 99% of the time things go as planned, please let Ava be in that 99%. The Petrie cast will allow Ava to have full movement in her hips  such as sitting, rolling over and possibly standing. Her chest, belly and hips will no longer be casted, yeah! This cast will remain on for 3-4 weeks and will be removed in the doctor's office.

Happy Girl!
Waiting.....

 Ava has been in a Spica cast for 53 days, that's 7 1/2weeks! That's it! To everyone else I'm sure the time is flying by but for our family it's at a snails pace. Over all Ava is doing great and by far it's the hardest on me. Ava has Mommy on the brain and there are days I barely get a second to myself. She has started complaining about being in the cast and has asked many times "How much longer?" I'm tired. Wait that's an understatement. . . I'm exhausted! She is still not sleeping well and there's not a moments rest for the weary. It kills me when I hear her say "when I use to run, walk and ride my scooter. . ." At times my patience runs thin and we argue, followed by Ava stating "Your being so mean to me!" while she sobs hysterically.  Bottom line, we've all had enough. I'm so grateful to my friends who have helped me get through the more difficult days. I pray the next 2 1/2 weeks go quickly and her hips heal properly. Ava has endured so much since her first surgery, I look forward to seeing her cute little legs again. We're almost there and I know my little fighter will handle what ever comes her way next with her usual sassy style. Please continue the prayers, we need these hips to stay in place! xoxo



.

No comments:

Post a Comment