Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Prep...

My kids are infomercial junkies. They can recite most tag lines and can tell you about most products. Recently Ava has had her eyes set on a Wuggle Pet, a stuff animal that comes with a plastic machine so you can stuff the animal yourself. Every time we go to Rite Aide to fill a prescription she checks them out and always states she really wants one. Of course I always say no because we don't need another stuff animal and I'm definitely not spending $19.99 for it.  So last week David took the kids to Rite Aide and Ava showed him the Wuggle Pet and told him all about it. He told her if she really wants it, she would  have save her money and he would bring her back to buy it. Ava agrees, this is not the first time one of our kids had to save to get something we won't buy.

 A few days later we begin to prepare Ava for her next test. I explain that Dr. T has to get a better look at her tummy and we would be going to the hospital to do it. I told her they will put her to sleep just like when she got her teeth fixed and when she wakes up it would  be all done. She immediately begins to cry and says "I don't want to do that!" David, Jack and I try to reassure her it will be fine and super quick. Then David adds "I'll buy you a Wuggle Pet." Amazingly her tears stop and she says "You will?" "Yes." Her response "With your money?" "Yes, Ava with my money." "Okay, I'll go." If the prize is big enough, Ava is game. I must add she had already saved enough money to buy it herself but she's a smart girl, she took that money and bought herself two more My Little Ponies.

Tonight I gave Ava another talk reminding her about her test. I told her she needed to get up earlier then usual because she can't have anything to eat after 8am. She immediately starts crying and says "But I'll be so hungry after breakfast!" Jack then chimes in "Why do you tell her these things now I have to listen to her cry!" Really Ava, I practically have to shove food down your throat every morning and now your crying because you think you'll be hungry! Not buying it, "You'll get your Wuggle Pet." Tears stop and we move on and finish getting ready for bed. I'm sure she's a little nervous about tomorrow, as am I. I hate having to put her through another test. It's not fair my baby has to go through this. I know she'll do fantastic and get through it like she has every other test and hopefully we will get an answer. I just want Ava to grow and be as healthy as she can be. The last few weeks have been trying on us all.  Having an answer would be great and hopefully help Ava gain a few pounds before her hip surgery. Here's to making my little girl healthy and making it through the day with minimal water works (for me, I know Ava will do great!)

No comments:

Post a Comment