Saturday, April 14, 2012

Where It All Began

On October 26, 2007 I gave birth, via c-section, to a beautiful baby girl named Ava Kole. She weighed 8lbs 4oz and 19inches long. Jack was so excited when Daddy called him at Nana's to say he had a little sister. It was love at first sight for all. Ava wanted to be heard from the moment she arrived. One of the first things the nurse commented on to David was "Wow, she has some lungs." Over all the first year was uneventful. She quickly earned the name "Princess P" from me. Although she was a nice size at birth, she never grew all the rapidly. She was tiny and petite. The "P" was short for peanut. She crawled at 7 months and walked at 15. All was good in our little family.

By 18 months she was running and by 2 she earned the name "little butterfly" from her Daddy.She was always flitting around  the house running and dancing. From early on Ava had a strong personality. Happy one moment but watch out if something made her unhappy, this little girl could throw fits like no other. Often I would could her my Mom's voice in my head "One day I hope you have a daughter just like you!" I can be stubborn but Ava is three times more!!



At 18 months Ava's doctor became concerned with her growth. She had drastically slowed down. People often stopped us and asked how old she was. She looked to tiny to be walking. By 2 1/2 when she began talking well, we found the look on peoples faces priceless when they heard words come out of her mouth. By 3 years "I know she's small for her age" became a common saying coming out of our mouths. By 4, people often say "How old is she 2, 2 1/2?" Now Ava can answer for herself, "I'm 4!!"


No comments:

Post a Comment